Have you reached that point in your career where you are asking yourself, “How did I get here?” Do you often wish you could be more engaged in your work, and wonder what type of work would fully use your natural talents and interests? Are there days when you spend 8, 9, 10, or more hours at work and do not know if you have made a difference for your customers, co-workers, or organization?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you likely have hit a career crossroads, and this can be a stressful and uncertain time. Working with Katherine of WorkPaths Consulting can help move you from paralysis to purpose.
Our philosophy is that you have the knowledge and abilities within to achieve your goals. Katherine helps you to remove self-imposed obstacles and uncover your strengths and accomplishments. Within this “success framework,” you will develop creative options and an action plan that enhances self-awareness and empowers decision-making.
Your coaching work with Katherine may consist of a few meetings to reach short-term objectives like revising your resume, or may consist of many meetings over months to achieve big goals like taking a new career direction. Meetings can be face to face, over the phone, or video-based (Skype, Live Meeting). Career coaching may include the following:
- Assessing your work-based skills, interests, and values
- Developing target work options in the context of your whole life
- Researching target work options, using traditional and cutting edge sources
- Building and nurturing your professional network as you would personal relationships
- Using online social media tools effectively
- Articulating your value through a variety of media — oral and written — including your resume
- Preparing for and conducting interviews for information and for jobs