In her coaching and consulting work, Katherine is known for her energy, insight, creativity, and humor as she collaborates with individuals to develop meaningful careers and with work groups and teams to achieve high performance through positive communication practices.
As a coach and consultant, Katherine is recognized for the following expertise:
- Career coaching for mid-career professionals and people in transition
- Managing careers in an organizational setting
- Coaching spouses of relocating professionals
- Leadership coaching for mid-level leader development
- Meeting facilitation to support organizational objectives
- Applying Appreciative Inquiry and positivity to increase effectiveness of work groups/teams
- Designing and implementing mentoring programs (formal and informal)
- Administering and interpreting a variety of assessment tools
For a major health care insurer, she was instrumental in the launch of an internal career initiative called Steer Your Career which won a citation for excellence from the American Society for Training and Development. Through that initiative, Katherine coached hundreds of leaders and employees to more effectively manage their career goals within the company. Other organizational development projects have involved managing innovative job rotational programs to develop leadership capabilities.
Based on the coast of southern Maine, Katherine loves being near the ocean and enjoys kayaking, yoga, and singing. She is the proud Dog Mom of Coby, an amazing 13-pound Italian Greyhound.